Are you curious to know if kiteboarding is really your sport? Come and take kite lessons in Sri Lanka! You can have a little bite of the sport with a discover kiteboarding course. You will learn the wind window theory, how to pilot a kite and the basic skills.
Students deciding to continue a Full Course after taking a Discovery Course will only be charged the full course price. The shallow lagoon near the camp is perfect to begin, and improve in safety, with our certified IKO kite teachers. The courses are conducted in groups of 2 to 4 students, but private lessons are also possible.
You can choose between different courses :
A full course (3 days) is generally necessary to be able to make significant progress, however this depends on your initial knowledge of the wind, and your previous experiences in sliding sports like sailing, windsurfing, wakeboarding or snowboarding.
This is a good introduction for the person who wants to find out if kiteboarding is suitable for him or not. You will learn the basics of kite-control and the safety features. If you decide to continue to the next level, then we don’t charge you for the discovery course.
1 Day Course; IKO-Level 1
Duration, cost: 4h, 135€ / 110€ Bring a friend / 160€ Private
– Explanation wind window, strength of wind and potential hazards.
– Flying with a small 2/4 line kite.
– Setup 4/5 line kite, explanation of control- and safety system.
– 4/5 line kite position flying, one handed kitecontrol
– Water relaunching, self rescue, landing and launching
2 Days Course; IKO-Level 1-2
Duration, cost: 2x4h, 250€ / 200€ Bring a friend / 300€ Private
– Piloting 4/5 line kite in the water
– Bodydragging downwind, kite flown 2 o’clock – 10 o’clock
– Bodydragging downwind, left, right with sinus curves
– Bodydragging upwind, left and right
– Practising the power stroke for the waterstart
3 Days Full Course; IKO-Level 2
Duration, cost: 3x4h, 360€ / 290€ Bring a friend / 430€ Private
– Theory, simulate waterstart on land
– Handling of kite and board in the water, walking upwind
– Upwind bodydragging with board
– Exercise steps of the waterstart
– Kitecontrol and board, bodyposition
– Right of way, feedback, coaching, control speed and balance
Weekend Warrior; IKO-Level 1-3
Duration, cost: 2x5h, 260€ / 210€ Bring a friend / 310€ Private
With this course you can learn kitesurfing in only 2 days. If you learn fast, we’ll teach you everything you normaly learn in a 3 day course.
Advanced Course; IKO-Level 3
Duration, cost: 4h, 175€ / 160€ Bring a friend (120€/80€ with own gear) / 200€ Private
One-on-One instruction package for anyone that has already had some kite lessons and doesn’t want to be in a group of complete beginners.
Teaching: going upwind, changing direction, board recovery, first jump, self rescue.
Duration, cost: 1h, 60€ Private (50€ with own gear)
This is a individual private lesson, to improve your ability in kiteboarding. “One on One“ with one of our best IKO kite instructors. Learn to jump, board-off, unhook, wave riding, strapless, backroll, or just simple turns.
All prices are in Euro. The equipment is very good state, we have all North Kiteboarding equipment.